Thursday, July 11, 2013

Jillian Michaels is trying to kill me.

So here I am lying in a sweaty ugly mess on the floor in my bedroom and it dawns on me... Jillian Michaels is trying to kill me... I thought it was a wonderful thing that I can spend under 10 dollars and get a crazy good workout video, and I get home super motivated to workout and get it shape.. But after the first of three workout segments the horrible truth hits me once again. I am out of shape and kickboxing may not have been the best choice.. So a little background on me, about two years ago after my first little girl was born who we will call "The Fuzz" I really got my shit together and lost about 45 pounds. I was feeling super good about my self, and then I got in a bad car accident and cracked my sternum. That was the end of my strict workout schedule. Now two years later I have gained about 12-20 pounds of that back and I am a once again a stumpy giraffe :( I have been trying unsuccessfully for about six moths to find that motivation again. And I figured that since Jillian helped me once she could do it again. But, let me tell you that it is really hard to watch a group of perky buff women dancing around and barley breaking a sweat, when I am about to keel over from exhaustion. Also, I am finding that I am super uncoordinated, like really really uncoordinated. I am embarrassed for my self, and I am thankful that no one can see me flailing around like an uncoordinated Richard Simmons. There was even a point today when I accidentally hit my poor cat with a dumbell. So I guess we are really getting specific Jillian is trying to kill not only me but my poor overweight cat too.. What a bitch... So long story short, I am once again beginning this bullshit workout thing. Now if I could only get my eating under control I will be set :)

2 comments:

  1. Jillian Michaels is evil, I'm pretty sure... so is kickboxing. You totally should have bought the Richard Simmons work out--I'll bet he wouldn't try to kill your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jillian Michaels is out to kill all of us stumpy giraffes. While I like that her videos aren't the same thing over and over again, I'm not coordinated to do half of her workout.

    Perhaps I'll do the workouts with you (and of course by "with you" I mean hundreds (thousands?) of miles away.) We can be sweating stumpy giraffes trying not to kill our cats together ;-)

    ReplyDelete