Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm a crafting goddess!!!

Hahahahah, just kidding. I am so not a crafting goddess, but damn if I don't try. It seems that at least once a week I get a wild hair to be crafty, and by the end of a project I always seem horribly disappointed. I so want to be one of those Pinterest moms who has a different project everyday for their kids and they always turn out frame worthy. My projects on the other hand are always wonky and just not quite right. For example, a few weeks ago I came into possession of a huge card bored box and thought to myself that I could make something really cool with my kids out of it. Well, three frustrating hours later we had something that slightly resembled butterfly wings.. Really, really huge butterfly wings. My kids wore them for about 30 seconds before they begged me to take them off because they were too big and painful to wear. I have also been know to crochet a blanket or two in my time. I have never kept any of the blankets I have made because in my sick twisted mind all my friends and family need at least one or two of my crooked misshapen crocheted blankets. I'm actually quite vindictive, muahahahahaha!!! Someday I may even move onto hats, friends and family (and cats) beware!! You could say that I suck at crafts, and you would probably be right.. But it's one of the many ways I show my love. I love the enthusiasm in my kids eyes when I pull out the puff paint and glitter, and the special time I get with them when we do crafts together. I love that in the winter my crocheted blankets keep me warm while I work on them. And that accomplished feeling I get when something is complete.. Like they say, it's the thought that counts.

1 comment:

  1. My cat could totally use a crocheted hat...just sayin'.

    Also, my kids better get a blanket from you, misshapen or not.

    ReplyDelete